For a blogger, applying for Google Adsense is his ultimate goal. Although we’ve discussed earlier that adsense is not the only legitimate way to earn money through your websites, there are several other ways too.
Applying for Google Adsense is easy, meeting their requirements is real deal. But before we get to that properly, let’s discuss what Google Adsense really means.
What is Google Adsense?
Google Adsense is a process that is owned / established by Google which makes Bloggers, Youtubers, Publishers, etc show advertisements on their page,which in turn earn a commission from it.
You would have encountered such experience when you visit a site and various ads start to pop up on the site; that’s Google Adsense.
Before you apply for Google Adsense, you need to have your website or blog with a Google account.
Like I’ve discussed earlier, meeting adsense requirements is real deal. So let’s check some of the requirements.
Requirements for Google Adsense
- Have a website / blog / vlog of your own
- Have a Google account
- Post plagiarized-free contents
- Have at least minimum of 20-30 posts before applying
- High traffic is really not essential, but having over 10k views on your site monthly is an added advantage
- Have your about, privacy, contact and or terms and conditions ready and fully structured on your website/blog
- Be above 18 years of age.
Google Adsense is not a get-rich-quick system as it requires a withdrawal threshold of $100 before you can request for payment. And depending on your niche, it’s not really easy getting to that threshold in a matter of weeks.
This is why I am going to give you lists of niches that earn higher in Google Adsense, let’s take a look at the top 10.
Top 10 blog niches in Google Adsense
- Lifestyle / Fashion
- Marketing / Business
How long does it take to get approved?
On a normal day, Adsense approval should be more than a day, two or three days at most. But sometimes it takes longer, like up to a week or two, whichever way, it shouldn’t exceed two weeks before you get your reply whether approved or disapproved(if you do not meet their requirements).
Step by step application for Google Adsense
- Log on to Google Adsense with your Google account and sign up
- Copy and paste the Adsense code to your website or blog
- After approval, enter your Adsense PIN that’d enable you to start earning.
- Add your payment method.
Sign up on Google Adsense
- Go to Google Adsense and create your account with your Google account.
- Input your website /blog address, click on whether you want to receive news and updates on your Gmail account, and choose your payment country like in the image below
- Click on save
- Agree to their terms and conditions
- Create an account.
Adding the ad codes on your blog/website
After your account creation, on the dashboard /homepage, go to the left side bar and get the ads code to be pasted on your blog.
Having done copying the code, go back to the blog, and go to where you want the ads to be displayed, and input the code there in the header title.
When you are done with inputting the codes, go back to Adsense homepage, still on the left sidebar and go to payment details and input accordingly.
One thing to make sure is that your postal address must be correct because that’s where you’ll receive your Adsense PIN so that you can be paid.
Enter Adsense PIN
Once you receive your PIN at the postal address you submitted, go back to Adsense homepage and input your PIN to verify you for payment.
Add your payment method
Getting paid on Adsense is so easy, that you only need your bank account details and would be paid directly into your bank account. Most of the payment applications like PayPal, Payoneer are not needed, just your bank details and you are good to go.
Request for your payment once you hit the $100 mark.
Applying for Adsense is so easy as you’ve read above, what should concern you the most is meeting the standard requirements and you are good to go, no stress, no hassles.
For further engagement, you can drop your comments below and let’s put you through.